Friday, January 28, 2011

More quotes to support the theme

1.) "As to my connection to Western culture... you would not believe how many young Iraqi people know so much about American/British/French pop culture". (p. 20)

2.) " I was brought up, like millions of Iraqis, to have pride i my own culture and nationality. I was also brought up, like millions of Iraqis to respect other cultures, nations, and religions". (p. 14)

3.) "The myth: Iraqis, prior to occupation, lived in little beige tents set up on the sides of little dirt roads all over Baghdad". (p. 34)

4.) " Someone wrote that I was niave, and probably spoiled, ect. and that "not one single American deserved to die for you," I completely agree, noone deserves to die for me or anyone else". (p. 14)

5.) " September 11th was a tragedy. Not because 3,000 Americans died... but becuase 3,000 humans died". (p. 46)

No comments:

Post a Comment